Here at FORUM Conference & Event Center, we recommend the best of the best vendors. One of the photographers we recommend to our clients is, Amy Payne, with Aimed Photography.
We asked Amy a little bit about her company, as well as, her background and experience.
- What is your title and position at your current company?
- What does your company do? How is it different than others like it?
- How many years have you been in the industry?
- A solid 3 years, but I shot my first wedding when I was 18, and have photographed about 100 since then. It was an on and off thing throughout college and high school. When I graduated from college, I took the leap to run my business full time. No matter what I did, I couldn’t get away from it. I feel so lucky that I have support from friends and family to pursue it full time.
- What was your very first job?
- My first paid photography gig was when I was 17. It was a family session. It was not my first, but I remember being really nervous that they wouldn’t like my work they paid for. They are still clients of mine to this day!
- What lead you in into the event industry?
- Shooting Weddings! If you can handle a wedding, you can handle just about any kind of event!
- What is your most memorable event? Why?
- This is not an event, but it’s the most memorable shoot I have done, and may have even changed the way I look at photography. I volunteered for an organization called Capturing Hopes Photography. We offered free photos in the NICU. It’s amazing to capture a baby’s journey from their first day until the day they graduate from the NICU. Unfortunately, some babies grow their angel wings in the NICU. It’s not a common kind of shoot we do, but I couldn’t say no when I was asked. There comes a time when the family has to make decisions they never thought they would have to make. Photographing a baby’s last breath may be the hardest thing I have ever done. The images we provided for the family are one of the most valuable possessions they have. I made a difference in that family’s life, it has encouraged me to look at a photograph with a different view.
- What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
- I’m a pocket adrenaline junkie. I was a diver growing up and all through high school. I’ve ran 4 half marathons and have been skydiving. I’ll try just about anything!
- If you were not in the event industry, what would be your dream job?
- I’ve always loved photojournalism. Although photojournalism can be very dangerous, images have power. It would be a dream to document what is happening around the world. If I weren’t doing photography, I would love to do creative advertising. I’ve always dreamed of working at an ad agency like Leo Burnett and BBDO.
- Feel free to add other information that will help get to know your business better.
- I have a Bachelors in Creative Advertising from Ball State University. Understanding the visual side of advertising has helped me gain business for clients who need images for marketing purposes, it’s another passion of mine.
For more information about Aimed Photography please visit their website:
Until Next Time,