Here at FORUM Conference & Event Center, we have 7 preferred caterers. One of those amazing caterers is, A Cut Above Catering. We asked Amy von Eiff a little bit about her company, as well as, her background and experience.
- What is your title and position at your current company?
- Owner & Executive Chef
- What does your company do? How is it different than others like it?
- Full off site Catering Company & Instructional Cooking/ Team building Challenges.
- How many years have you been in the industry?
- 8 years
- What was your very first job?
- Blockbuster Video
- What lead you in into the event industry?
- From the time I can remember I was in the kitchen with my Mother and Grandmother, growing up Italian it is not an option not to participate in Sunday dinners. After Culinary school I started a Personal Chef Company called Dining Divas and from there my husband and I started A Cut Above Catering where we continue to grow our business.
- What is your most memorable event? Why?
- At A Cut Above Catering we spend time with each individual client to get a real understand of the direction and needs for their event where we can customize the menu or theme. Every event is our client’s special day so we make each event memorable for the client and us.
- What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
- I was a singer for many years and had the opportunity to performing in many great Cathedrals touring Europe.
- If you were not in the event industry, what would be your dream job?
- I would singing on Broadway
- Feel free to add other information that will help get to know your business better.
- I love to serve people new experiences in entertaining and dining and working with other vendors gives me inspiration. Also going to work in a different environment with new challenges every day drives me to excel.