Welcome to another vendor shout-out! Meet Jamie Wainio from Midwest Sound
- What does your company do and what makes it different than others like it?
We are wedding specialists. We are not bar or nightclub DJs. You will not find us doing karaoke at the local VFW. We just focus on weddings. Also NO other DJ company can say they have been in business for 40 years. In 2015 alone, our company is performing at over 3,400 weddings. With 3 locations in Indianapolis, Milwaukee, & Minneapolis we are the largest privately owned DJ service.
- What lead you to your current career and how long have you been in the field?
I started in Junior High, as the lighting/sound guy for all of our schools’ productions/events, in college I worked for a banquet hall as a server and bartender. Now I have been DJ’ing for about 15 years. I have personally handled well over 1,000 weddings.
- What is your most memorable event at FORUM? Why?
Too many to target a single one, but we love working with Sarah.
(I know it’s a little cliché, but we really do…)
- What is one thing people do not know about you or your company?
We are LGBT friendly, and will be happy to perform services for all couples. Not every DJ service is willing to do that.
- What are the current trends you are seeing?
Unplugged weddings. As in putting out signs that tell the guests to shut off their phones.
- Anything else you would like us readers to know about you or your company?
If you are planning a wedding, you should book no less than 8 months in advance. In 2015 we closed off some of our October dates as early as February.
Thanks for joining us, and stay tuned for future Vendor Shout-Outs!
Until Next Time,